Protract Unisex Compression Stockings
Are You Concerned About Your Legs Feeling Heavy Or Achy? Would You Like To Improve The Blood Flow In Your Legs? These Protract Compression Stockings Are The Perfect Solution For You!
Protract Compression Stockings are made to provide comfort while gently squeezing your legs them to move blood up them. This will reduce and prevent swelling, and to a lesser extent prevent blood clots.
What happens in your body is your veins and lymphatic system are not pressurized, meaning they have to work against gravity to move fluid back up your legs. Your calf and leg muscle usually do this, but they don’t always work efficiently enough to prevent blood from pooling in the feet, causing that dreaded ‘heavy leg’ feeling.
With a few exceptions, there's typically little harm in trying compression socks, but it's wise to talk to your Doctor or Pharmacist before purchasing them. You shouldn't use them if you have nerve damage in your legs or another condition that affects skin sensation, peripheral arterial disease, a history of a peripheral arterial bypass grafting, a skin infection on your feet or legs, dermatitis with oozing or fragile skin, massive leg swelling, or a pulmonary edema from congestive heart failure. But if you already have spoken with your Doctor or Pharmacist and they agree with using compression socks, why not give it a try?
Wearing The Protract Compression Stockings Will Help With:
- Aching and heavy feeling in the legs while providing extra support for the ankle. Good circulation is one of the most important parts of your health. Problems with blood flow can lead to uncomfortable aches and pains, and in some situations, they can even be dangerous. This simple technology can help fight swelling and discomfort.
- Reduce swelling in the legs and improve circulation to fight fatigue. The Protract Compression Stockings will assist in circulation by helping push blood and fluids out of your legs. They create a ‘pressure gradient’ by fitting snugly around the ankle and tapering off in pressure towards the top of the sock. This creates better venous pressure, and prevents swelling and increased fatigue after a long day of work or activity.
- Prevents blood clots, primarily after surgery or injury when less active, or have been on bed rest—inactivity increases your risk of DVT. It will help to use these Protract Compression Stockings if have a clotting disorder that puts you at risk for DVT, or a family history of DVT. Also you have varicose veins or leg ulcers. Compression socks won't cure these conditions, but they can combat the aching, swelling, and general discomfort that often accompanies them.
- Assists with recovery after excercise. How that happens is the blood gets an extra boost against gravity, and you avoid all the painful swelling. Continued use of compression socks for recovery after a workout has been shown to reduce swelling, improve circulation and reduce muscle soreness in the feet and legs.
Five Reasons Why You Should Wear Protract Compression Stockings:
Some refer to the calf muscle as the second heart. This is because the calf acts as a steady pump during movement and pressurizes veins in the lower leg, allowing blood to flow back to your heart. All part of the same network as your heart. If you sit at a desk all day, these muscles are doing very little by not exercising, and can cause blood to pool in the lower legs.
2. You stand for long periods of time
Walking encourages more blood flow by using the calf as a muscle pump for your veins (much like your heart), but standing in one position will greatly reduce the effectiveness of this system. As mentioned before the blood will pool into the lower legs because the lack of movement. This is why trades workers, retail employees, and hospitality staff are all great candidates for using these compression socks! Your legs will feel less fatigued and have more energy when your shift is done.
3. You exercise
Realistically, wearing Protract Compression Socks probably isn’t going to reduce minutes off your marathon time or get you to squat that extra 10 pounds. But what these compression socks can help with is post-exercise recovery and reducing soreness. Studies have shown that wearing compression socks during exercise and recovery can lessen muscle aches in the legs.
4. You travel
Remember earlier when we explained how sitting for long hours can cause blood to pool in your legs?
Travelling for long and far distances on an airplane can have a similar effect. Prolonged sitting while flying increases your chances of risk to develop deep vein thrombosis – or blood clots. Using compression socks is a great way to prevent this. As well, it will help keep your legs feeling refreshed when you finally arrive where you were headed.
5. You like cool socks!
From fashionable to business casual or athletic, both medical and off-the-shelf socks come in a variety of materials and styles. Protract Compression Socks are made of breathable nylon and anti-friction fabric. They come in 6 colors to choose from. Whether you need something sharp for work or enjoy the ‘athleisure’ aesthetic, these compression socks will look as good as they feel!
Size: | Length:
Small/Medium 21.65 Inches (55 centimeters)
Large/X-Large 25.62 Inches (60 centimeters)
Note: Please Allow 0.5 to 1 inch difference due to manual measurement (eg: 1 inch=2.54 cm.)
Item Type: Sock
We truly believe we make some of the most creative inventions and we back that up with an Iron-Clad 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee. If you don’t have a positive shopping experience for any reason, we will do whatever it takes to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase.
Shopping online can sometimes be a daunting task, so we want you to know there are absolutely zero risks in purchasing something and trying it out. If you don’t like it, no hard feelings, we’ll make it right.